Thursday 6 October 2011

27 Stops

Hot on the heels of my success last week at the AOP awards, images from another of my personal projects  are in a collective show at  the East Gallery (http://eastgallery.co.uk) in Brick lane from this evening until the 12th October. The Uncertain States Exhibition features two images from a personal project I undertook in 2010 called 27 Stops.

The London Underground is comprised of eleven lines with a total of twenty seven terminuses. In 2010 I travelled to the communities at the ends of each of these lines to shoot a single portrait. The objective was to photograph a series of 27 portraits in locations that define the outer reaches of London, to portray some of the people that live in or visit the end of the line at evocatively named places like Cockfosters, Barking, Stanmore and Morden.

Please go to my website to see the project in full.








No comments:

Post a Comment